CLINICAL CODING TRAINER PROGRAMME
The Clinical Coding Trainer Programme (CCTP) creates a body of clinical coding trainers who are skilled in using our national training materials to ensure consistent delivery and distribution of national clinical coding standards. This consists of:
- Clinical Coding Trainer Assessment Day
- Train the Trainer Course (only available following successful completion of the Trainer Assessment Day)
- Clinical Coding Trainer Refresher Course (approved trainers only)
- Clinical Coding Trainer Forum (approved trainers only)
- Ongoing training delivery assessment
The Clinical Coding Toolbox ensures that coders are trained to the necessary standards to produce accurate coded clinical data.
In 2017-18 the CCS will be acting as an ICD-11 Field Trial Centre. This will mean that we will be unable to deliver CCS training courses.
All clinical coders applying for this programme must:
- have attained Accredited Clinical Coder status by passing the National Clinical Coding Qualification (UK) and have held this status for a minimum of three years at the time of applying·
- be able to demonstrate adequate experience of clinical coding and be able to provide evidence of other criteria detailed when applying.
What do I need to know?
- The CCTP is a very popular programme for which we receive a high volume of applications. Delegates can only secure a place on the initial assessment day by sending their completed booking form and all other required documentation to our helpdesk.
- Places on the assessment day are not confirmed until all documentation is received and all required criteria met
- The submission of any incomplete booking forms will result in the application being rejected.
- Certificates and documentation should be provided in electronic format as we are unable to return original material to applicants
- All purchase orders should cover the full Trainer Programme costs to ensure that payments are processed as quickly as possible. Purchase orders should be sent to:
Health & Social Care Information Centre
T56 Payables A125
NHS Shared Business Services
- Delegates are responsible for booking and paying for their accommodation. We advise delegates staying in the venue hosting the course to mention this upon arrival.
- Delegates should not book any accommodation or travel until their place on the course has been confirmed by the CCS. The CCS is not liable for any costs incurred by the delegate relating to booking errors and / or cancellation of accommodation or travel.
How do I apply?
The documents below will help you to apply for the programme;
By Gavin McIntosh 4 months agoSkip to actions